Wednesday, May 7th, 10:00am-3:00pm (Gross Hall- Classroom 230 E)
Are you interested in learning more about social innovation and entrepreneurship and potentially incorporating these areas into your teaching and work?
Please join us for a one-day workshop hosted by Duke University’s Innovation and Entrepreneurship Initiative (I&E) for Duke faculty who are interested in learning more about the dynamic fields of social innovation and social entrepreneurship and exciting efforts underway across the university and the broader North Carolina and global community.
Benefits to Participating Faculty:
- Introduction to actionable frameworks and relevant case studies, experiential activities, and teaching materials for the classroom;
- Follow-on guidance on curriculum design and introductions to a network of speakers and leading social innovators and entrepreneurs for interested faculty;
- A peer learning network that can be carried forward beyond the Institute;
- Direct connections to the social innovation and entrepreneurship community in Durham, North Carolina, nationally, and globally;
- Potential for future participation in the Social Entrepreneurship Faculty Fellowship.
Institute Design: To maximize quality interaction and information sharing, the Institute will have several experiential components including:
- Introduction to Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship illustrated through real-world case studies and current Duke projects;
- Creativity and problem-solving activities that can be brought into the classroom setting;
- Networking opportunities with peers, I&E team members, and leading area social entrepreneurs;
- Opportunities to share and get feedback on specific target projects relevant to the Institute that you are interested in sharing/learning from;
- Review of available resources at Duke including participating in Bass Connections projects; and
- Opportunities to provide input on an emerging learning platform that is being developed for all Duke faculty.
Following the Institute, participants can also request follow-up consultative support as they revise their classes, propose new classes (potentially in collaboration with one another), and explore new teaching and learning venues for social entrepreneurship including launching their own ventures.
For Questions, Please Contact:
SE Faculty Fellowship Coordinator and I&E Social Entrepreneurship Fellow
Click here for the Duke Events Calendar.