Have You Failed? Good.
At Duke I&E, we know failure and the lessons we take from it are vital to future successes. For this semester’s Director’s Challenge, Jamie Jones is calling for the Duke community to share “fail tales”—stories that make us laugh, cry, and shift our mindset around failure. Get inspired and empowered by some of the fail tales here—and send us your own using the guidelines below! We'll share these videos with the community via this page as well as our social channels.
Continue celebrating failure and resilience in the Duke community: Register for FAIL FEST, to be held Wednesday, November 15 from 6-7:30pm at the Duke I&E Bullpen (Fuqua). Come hear four students share their own stories, and then bond with peers at a reception afterwards.
Contribute a Fail Tale:
- Note: If you need assistance recording your video, contact IEComms@duke.edu and we will arrange a recording time at the Duke I&E Bullpen.
- Make sure you're in a well-lit spot (not backlit) where there is minimal background noise.
- Use vertical orientation.
- Your video should be between 30-90 seconds. In it, share your failure story, followed by what lessons you took from it or how the experience changed you.
- Email a shared drive link (Box, Google, Dropbox, etc.) or YouTube link to your video to IEComms@duke.edu, or upload your video to this Box folder.
- Optional: If you post your video on social media, tag Duke I&E on LinkedIn, Instagram, X (Twitter), or Facebook.