News & Events
The 2014-2015 Big Ideas@Berkeley Competition is open!
Up to $300,000 in prizes available to students with innovative ideas to improve society!
Big Ideas@Berkeley provides funding, support, and encouragement to interdisciplinary teams of undergraduate and graduate students, across 16 campuses, who have ‘Big Ideas.’ Since its founding in 2006, Big Ideas has inspired high-impact student projects aimed at solving the world’s most pressing problems.
All Big Ideas applicants have access to the following resources to help them develop their projects:
- Up to $15,000 in funding!!
- Extensive feedback from judges.
- Proposal writing and budgeting workshops.
- Access to advisors and practitioners in residence.
- Extended, 8-week, mentorship period for finalist teams.
- Networking opportunities.
- Opportunities to publicize and pitch your Big Idea.
- All events will be streamed live so that students from all eligible campuses can ask questions: http://bigideas.berkeley.edu/resources/workshop/
2014-15 Big Ideas Contest Categories Open to USAID Higher Education Solutions Network Campuses:
- Conflict and Development
- Food System Innovations
- Global Health
- Mobiles For Reading
- Open Data for Development
To learn more visit the Big Ideas website: http://bigideas.berkeley.edu/
Submissions are due by November 13, 2014 at 12:00 noon PST