News & Events
Leading as a Social Entrepreneur (MMS 490.04) is designed to enable students to understand and harness the power of Social Entrepreneurship as behavior and practice. This course is divided into four main sections: Awakening, Exploring, Planning, and Sharing. Each section will include various exercises, activities, interactive conversations on and off-campus, providing you with an experiential and interdisciplinary approach to learning the fundamental principles and application of Life and Social Entrepreneurship. Students should be prepared to ambitiously step out of their comfort zone and into a new realm of learning and action.
- Understand the “entrepreneurial mindset” and develop a deeper sense of self as an entrepreneurial leader in one´s professional and personal life;
- Acquire the introductory skill sets and frameworks necessary to act as change agents through social innovation;
- Strengthen diagnostic, evaluation, and planning skills as social entrepreneurs and public leaders to address important social problems;
- Create a comprehensive plan for exercising entrepreneurial leadership during the summer experience;
- Learn from community members and practitioners to understand areas of need and opportunities for entrepreneurial contribution and existing successful models;
- Establish vibrant relationships with classmates and the greater ELI community, contribute to the evolution of the class, and have fun in the process.