We have a brand new and amazing NYC startup experience to offer 5 Duke students (undergraduate or graduate/professional)!
Lawrence Lenihan, Pratt ‘87, is launching Resonance, a new venture operating company – think a cross between incubator/accelerator/venture capital. Resonance is focused on the intersection of technology, commerce, and fashion. He’s looking for five highly motivated students who want to work in this space,and who want to help build the infrastructure for his platform and/or work with a portfolio brand/company. Here is an article from the Wall Street Journal giving an overview of Resonance.
Here’s what you’ll get out of it:
- An internship at a company/brand on a specific project for Resonance that is part of their plan for disrupting commerce
- Meet with Lawrence Lenihan weekly
- Work with him on your own startup idea (if you have one)
- A stipend to support your living expenses during your internship
Here’s what it takes to get involved and be considered for one of the five spots. You need to:
- Send your resume by Friday, January 8 to Howie Rhee (firstname.lastname@example.org) along with a cover email on why you think you might be a good fit. Subject “Summer in NYC”
- RSVP and attend Lawrence’s talk/workshop at the Bullpen (215 Morris St, Suite 300, Durham, NC) on Monday, January 18th from 3-6 PM
The most interesting students will have some subset of interests around technology, e-commerce, and fashion. He’s not looking for future VC’s, but wants students interested in learning about how technology can revolutionize commerce and fashion.